At UCL Mechanical Engineering we treasure our alumni. We are, of course, proud of the many roles our former students play in the wider world, from cutting edge racing technology to the world of business.
Alumni also playing key roles in the life of the department. Several are counted amongst our academic staff while others:
- donate time to mentor current students
- financially support current students with bursaries
- contribute real world experience to teaching and research
Find out more how you too can get involved.
Ways you can get involved
Want to put your experience to good use? Your time and expertise can be used to benefit UCL MechEng and the wider UCL community, our students and staff in number of valuable ways across a variety of roles.
Here are some of the ways you can get involved today:
- Mentoring: Use your knowledge to support current students by offering mentoring to current students. Sign up here
- Recruitment/ internships: Your firm can have access to some of the world’s brightest most numerate students. Can you offer internships or jobs to our current students? Get in touch
- Career skills/advice – Mechanical Engineering students experience in the wider world of work and business could help really help our current students
- Donate: Support the work of UCL Mechanical Engineering directly and the wider UCL Campaign “its all Academic” – visit the campaign site
- Tell us what you’re up to: Students are inspired really by what their predecessors like you have achieved. Do to keep us up to date with what you’re doing
If you would like to make an individual visit to the department and to meet our current Head of Department, staff, students and see what we are up to these days, drop us a line at us at email@example.com
Stay in touch
Each year we mail two newsletters to all registered Mechanical Engineering alumni around the world sharing news from the department today . If you want occasional updates on life at the department register or update your details today sure .
Feature: the Class of 1966
50 years on: Nine of our MechEng alumni who graduated in 1966 came back to spend an enjoyable afternoon touring the department. The group were welcomed by a range of current undergraduate students, researchers and staff, before recreating their 1966 photo and catching up over dinner and drinks.