MECH206P Design and Professional Skills II (for Mechanical Engineers)
The module aims to offer the student a variety of authentic engineering problems and experiences in order to promote professional values and behaviour, and to locate Mechanical Engineering theory in a realistic context.
The topics selected for the scenarios will be related to material taught in other Year 2 modules and, where educationally appropriate, will be linked to activities such as the annual IMechE design challenges (timetable constraints permitting).
||Design and Professional Skills II (for Mechanical Engineers)
||Mr David Wright
The course will have the following assessment components:
To pass this course students must:
- Obtain an overall pass mark of 40% for all sections combined.
General Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the module, students will be able to:
- Use available tools, from hand-sketching to computer-aided design and analysis, to produce detailed engineering designs;
- Plan and safely perform a range of basic operations on laboratory or workshop machinery (according to the assigned task);
- Interpret relevant data gathered from practical activities and published sources in order to inform the assigned task;
- Present individual or group work in the form of a report which conforms to specified requirements of structure and formatting.