MECHGF01 Group Design Project
To provide experience of working as a group, in liaison, where possible, with industry, in order to design a complex engineering product/system or service under stringent time and resource limitations and to assess its commercial potential. To provide the students with an opportunity to: apply formal project management techniques such as planning, resource allocation, cost estimation, project monitoring and reporting; to develop commercial skills and business awareness.
||Group Design Project
||30 / 12
||Prof Mark Miodownik
||Supervision from members of Staff from the Department
All courses taught in the MSc programme.
Method of Instruction
- Independent study individually and as a group.
- Group meetings, progress reports and presentations.
- Supervision by a member of academic staff and where appropriate by industry.
- First presentation (10%) and final group presentation/viva (10%).
- Midyear project report (10%).
- Group report/portfolio (55%).
- Individual contribution (15%).