- 1 Year
This MSc programme builds on the success of our undergraduate Engineering with Business Finance programme and is designed to give graduates with a first degree in a relevant numerate subject the engineering, management and finance knowledge and skills necessary to work on engineering projects, and in business and finance.
The programme is delivered through a combination of lectures, tutorials, seminars, laboratory and project work, workshops and problem classes. Assessment is through examinations, coursework, lab reports, presentations, the group design project and the individual research project.
Student view of Engineering with Finance MSc
Engineering with Finance MSc student
Engineering with Finance MSc Modules
Students undertake modules to the value of 180 credits. The programme consists of a group design project (30 credits), four core modules (60 credits), two optional modules (30 credits) and the individual research project (60 credits).
All students undertake an individual research project which culminates in a report and oral presentation. In many cases the work has some input from industry. This is in addition to the modules listed below.
- MSING001 Project Management
- COMPGS06 Financial Institutions and Markets
- MECHGF01 Group Design Project
- MECHGM03 Materials and Fatigue / Fracture Analysis
- MECHG020 New and Renewable Engineering Systems
- MECHGM04 Vibrations, Acoustic & Control
- MECHGM05 Advanced Computer Applications in Engineering
- MSING007B Entrepreneurial Finance
- COMPGF03 Compliance, Risk and Regulation
- COMPG005 Numerical Analysis for Finance
Students will choose two optional modules.
All students must select two modules. Below are the permitted optional module combinations.
Optional Module Combination 1:
Optional Module Combination 2:
Optional Module Combination 3:
|Optional Module Combination 4:
Optional Module Combination 5:
Optional Module Combination 6:
|Optional Module Combination 7:
The choice of modules may be constrained by availability and timetabling.