MECHGB06 Evaluation & Planning of Business Opportunities in Bioprocessing & Life Sciences
This module runs over the academic year for MSc students in Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, and involves two components:
1. Group Project
The module provides experience of working in a multi-disciplinary group on a literature-based project. The projects are wide ranging in their themes and each project is championed by an individual member of academic staff.
Students have the opportunity to apply the engineering knowledge and skills acquired in the earlier part of the MSc programme to a multifaceted design problem. The group project applies formal project management techniques such as planning, resource allocation, cost estimation, project monitoring and reporting, as well as developing commercial skills and business awareness.
2. Bioprocessing & Life Sciences
The second part of the module consists of topical lectures on Bioprocessing & Life Sciences organised by the Department of Biochemical Engineering. This part of the module is examined by coursework.
Method of Instruction
- Introductory lectures and support from module coordinator including risk management and project organisation and scheduling
- Independent study individually and as a group
- Group meetings, progress reports and presentations
- Supervision by a member of academic staff
- Group presentations with feedback
Bioprocessing & Life Sciences
- Lectures delivered by the Department of Biochemical Engineering
This module is assessed through a combination of a written project report, accompanying oral project presentations, and coursework assessed by the Department of Biochemical Engineering.
For more information about assessment please contact email@example.com.