- 1 Year
This programme is accredited by the IMechE on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer. Candidates must hold a CEng accredited BEng/BSc (Hons) undergraduate first degree to comply with full CEng registration requirements.
Introduction to the Engineering with Innovation and Entrepreneurship MSc Programme
This degree programme is designed to equip graduates with the technical, managerial and entrepreneurial skills and knowledge required to develop innovative engineering products and solutions and turn them to financial advantage. A first degree in a relevant numerate subject is a prerequisite.
Modules in the Engineering with Innovation and Entrepreneurship MSc Programme
Students undertake modules to the value of 180 credits. The programme consists of an individual project (60 credits), an Innovation and Group Design Project (30 credits), five core modules (75 credits) and an optional module (15 credits).
Students complete six compulsory modules.
- MECH0049 Innovation and Group Design Project
- MECH0055 Materials and Fatigue
- MSIN0068 Project Management
- MSIN0053 Mastering Entrepreneurship
- MECH0032 New and Renewable Energy Systems
- MECH0040 Applications of Biomedical Engineering
Students choose one optional module.
- MECH0057 Vibrations, Acoustics and Control
- MECH0059 Advanced Computer Applications in Engineering
- MSIN0047 Entrepreneurial Finance
All students undertake an individual research project which culminates in a report and oral presentation. In many cases the work has some input from industry.