- UCAS code
- 3 years
This page is an introduction to this degree programme
- Please visit our Undergraduate Prospectus page for further details and to apply
- You may download the prospectus entry for this programme here (PDF)
This programme is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer and partly meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer for the 2014 -2021 student cohort intake.
Introduction to the Engineering (Mechanical with Business Finance) BEng programme
The Engineering (Mechanical with Business Finance) BEng is a challenging three-year programme designed to produce Mechanical Engineering graduates with a well-rounded understanding of economics, accounting and business practice. These skills are precisely those required by industry for graduates likely to be given significant managerial responsibility at an early stage in their career.
Integrated Engineering Programme
You will study Mechanical Engineering (with Business Finance) in the context of our Integrated Engineering Programme, giving you the opportunity to:
- tackle practical engineering challenges throughout your programme
- develop transferable professional skills
- tailor your programme to your interests
- study and collaborate with students in other engineering disciplines
Watch this IET video to learn more.
Mechanical Engineering is a broad discipline which can lead you to pursue many different career paths. On completing your degree programme, you can choose from a variety of fields including:
- motor vehicle design
- marine engineering
- medical engineering
The problem-solving, analytical skills you develop at UCL Mechanical Engineering, alongside your understanding of economics, accounting and business, will make you an attractive candidate for employers in many other fields. These include commerce, banking, and management consultancy.
Have a question?
- Please contact us at email@example.com for queries related to the content of this degree programme
- For information about fees, accommodation, visas and other issues, visit our Information for Prospective Students website
Modules in the Engineering (Mechanical with Business Finance) BEng programme
Mechanical Engineering is a broad discipline requiring you to study a range of areas from mathematical modelling to material science. The module descriptions for this degree programme will give you a more detailed understanding of what you will study at UCL. These include some business modules taught by UCL School of Management.
- MECH0003 Introduction to Mechanical Engineering
- MECH0004 Mechanical Engineering Practical Skills 1
- MECH0005 Introduction to Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics 1
- MECH0006 Engineering Dynamics
- ENGF0001 Engineering Challenges
- ENGF0002 Design and Professional Skills 1
- ENGF0003 Mathematical Modelling and Analysis 1
- MSIN0004 Accounting for Business
- MECH0010 Control and Instrumentation
- MECH0011 Intermediate Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
- MECH0013 Mechanics of Solids and Structures
- MECH0016 Design and Professional Skills II
- ENGF0004 Modelling and Analysis II
- MECH0007 Fundamentals of Materials 1
- MSIN0066 Managerial Accounting for Engineers
- MSIN0065 Business Economics for Engineers